On February 3, the Charity Guild of Catholic Women awarded $484,926.00 to 47 non-profit organizations to help children in need in the Greater Houston Area. The presentation took place at the Charity Guild Shop located at 1203 Lovett Blvd. The Charity Guild was originally founded in 1922 to support what is now the San José Clinic. The Guild continues their support to SJC but the impact has expanded as the resale shop has grown in size and reputation. Santa Maria was one of the fortunate recipients of a grant this year.
Nadine Scamp, Santa Maria CEO was present to receive our award. The funds were awarded to the Healing Hearts residential program to provide behavioral health services, support groups and child development activities for children impacted by maternal substance use.